Friday, June 29, 2012

~ Fried Rice ~

Nothing like Fried Rice to satisfy your appetite! It is part of our Asian Cuisine selection

Here is all you need, The Fried Rice package, and actually per the instructions on the back of the package, just water. I have tried it with water and it is okay but I like to use chicken broth to add even more to it, so I used that instead but it is optional.


Boil 1 and 1/2 cups of water (in my case I used chicken stock)..

add contents of package, stir, cover and let stand 5 minutes until water is absorbed.
 Refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 3 days.  I do mine in the morning and keep in refrigerator until evening dinner making time. Fried Rice cooks better the longer the rice sits in refrigerator.

Heat 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil in wok or skillet. Sir fry the rice for at least 1 minute until browned. Push rice to the side...
scramble 1-2 eggs and then stir into rice (I did it separately and added it to the rice above). If desired, add 1 cup of cooked peas and/or carrots.

This is easy and fun to make! I just made it my main meal with 2 egg rolls on the side. Yum!!



Here is the picture from the website


No comments:

Post a Comment